Imagine taking a boat out to the middle of the ocean and being dropped off at a two-story floating wood-fired pizza bar. As you arrive the dj is beginning his set as the bartenders and chefs are prepping for the endless drinks and pizzas that they will be serving throughout the day. To your left you see snorkeling equipment and upstairs there is a platform for you to jump off of into the turquoise waters that surround this magical paradise. Welcome to Cloud 9 Fiji…
Located in the pristine waters of the Mamanuca Islands at the Ro Ro Reef in the Pacific Ocean is Cloud 9. It is more than just a venue, it is the ultimate venue that you must add to your bucket list if you are traveling to Fiji or even if you have a one day layover here. The floating paradise has stunning panoramic views of the ocean and Fijan coastline.
When to go?
The most popular airport to fly into in Fiji is Nadi which works out to your advantage because there are Cloud 9 boat transfers from Port Denarau which is just 20 minutes from Nadi International Airport. Thus if you have a layover in Nadi, Cloud 9 is the perfect day trip!
If you are on holiday and plan to travel to other islands from the mainland during your trip then I would recommend hitting Cloud 9 at the end as a last stop before you head home. Although if you are staying in the Mamanuca Islands then you can do a Cloud 9 day trip from the resort you are at.
Depending on the day of the week that you go, the vibes will be different. If you are interested in a specific type of music then make sure to check out Cloud 9’s social media to know what day of the week suits you best. If you are still unsure, the Cloud 9 staff will happily help you choose the ideal day for you to go just give them a call!
How much does it cost and how to book?
- Book through the Cloud 9 website here. It costs $105USD for a 6 hour trip including boat transfers, hotel transfers, and a $60 credit to your food and beverage tab
- There are two trips a day; one at 9:15AM and one at 1:15PM
How to get there?
- If you are located on the mainland (Nadi, Viti Levu) then you can catch a boat transfer from Port Denarau, Wailoaloa Beach, or Vuda Marina
- If you are located on one of the island resorts in the Mamanuca Islands then you can ask the reception and they will book boat transfers to and from Cloud 9 for you
What to bring?
- Bathing suit and towel
- Credit card (visa, mastercard, or american express) because there is no cash on cloud 9
- Water (they say no food or drinks are allowed but I had no trouble bringing water)
- Anything you might need for a day in the sunshine
- Camera and/or go pro
- Snorkel gear if you would like to use your own rather than Cloud 9’s
Cloud 9 was the perfect ending to my holiday in Fiji so make sure you add it to the top of your Fiji Bucket List! Check out some of my pictures from the trip below.